Alright, I said it… For a week I have been painting Dominic’s room.
We picked 3 shades of blue (although I argue with Amy that the lighter shade is more purple than blue, but she just ignores me.)
Amy and Cindy cleared out the room, and then took down these strips that covered over where the sheetrock panels were seperated. Amy then mudded them over and used this sheetrock paper stuff to cover it (which we ended up ripping down, cause it bubbled and looked bad) so we just sanded down the mud.
So then we marked the colors and taped out the darkest color. I then painted it, and we let it dry after a few hours and then went to tape up for the medium color. I biffed and went to reposition the paint and it ended up peeling the dark paint. I was pissed.
So I IM’d my good friend Kiki (named changed for security reasons–LOL), who used to paint as a job, and she told me what to do.
So I had to sand the walls, (they were pre-wallpapered panels that had this vinyl like wallpaper) so the KILZ would hold. Then we had to put on two coats of KILZ, then remark the rooms, then tape up for the dark.
So we painted the dark and waited a day for it to dry. IT COULD NOT BE TACKY. Kiki stressed that a lot.
So we then decided instead of doing all that work taping up for all the colors, we decided to have white stripes in between each color, so then I was able to paint the medium and light in one day as well.
So we let that dry, and then peeled off the tape. BUT, the paint bleed underneath (because the vinyl wallpaper stuff is textured), so the lines weren’t clean enought for me. So Amy went with white and filled in the white lines.
So, after all that was dry and everything was peeled off and cleaned up, we put up the border.