I have a cute story (or two) to share.
First, I need to fill you in on some backstory. I am getting a new PC. My Friend, Mr. T., is building it for me. I am purchasing all the parts a paycheck at a time. I have the graphics card and the motherboard already.
Now for the story.
I woke up on Wednesday afternoon to my wife, gently nudging me awake and telling me (and I quote):
“Honey, I ordered your computer case!”
[That of course got my attention]
“You know how a husband buys his wife flowers when he does something wrong?”
“Well, A wife buys her husbands computer stuff!” (Sounding all proud).
“What did you do?”
“Well, I went to the store to get Courtney’s Fish tank for school.”
I won’t do the whole commentary, but Courtney has a school project and she has to have a fish at home. How nice that they ask us, but tell us that we need to have a fish at our house. Amy and I talked about it and I was pissed. School more and more are just requiring you to do this or that (like spend $30 on A BINDER!!!), what is next a dog!? Anyways, she had to take Riley with her, and when they went to leave the aisle he chimed in:
“Mommy, you forgot the fish”
“No, this tank is for Courney’s fish, Courtney is bringing the fish home from school.”
“Yes, that is for Courtney’s fish, but you forgot MY fish.”
“Riley honey, daddy doesn’t want a fish at home.”
“Please Mommy?” [He puts his hands on hers on the cart handle] “Please can I have a fish? I am a good boy.”
[At this point she just melted and it broke her heart to say the next line:]
“Yes you are a good boy, but I am sorry Riley, but we can’t”
[At this point, I knew what the end results was before she told me]
“Please Mommy can I have a fish? I am a good boy.”
“Okay, we can get you a fish” [The more you think about all our kids had at least one pet that was ‘theirs’]
So they go to get the fish and the lady asks them, how many:
“One for Dominic, One for Mikayla and one for me!” [He was so proud]
“Okay, I guess we are getting three!”
So that is how I ended up with 4 goldfish in my house and a computer case. Goldfish are: Freak (Courtney), Squishy (Mikayla), Spike (Dominic) and Tank (Riley).
Some more back story, Amy posted all this on Facebook and our dear Friend, who shall remain nameless (Katie) asked her if I ever go in the kids room. Amy told her no and Katie said, “Then don’t tell him!” But it was Katie’s idea to get me the computer case (Her husband is the one building it for me!).
The Facebook Comments:
Amy Ninette ‘Scott’ Jones is a horrible wife and mother
- FRIEND: NO — don’t say that! SO not true! Having a bad day?
- FRIEND: No way — I won’t EVER believe that!
- AMY: If a man buys flowers to apologize to his wife…what does a wife buy her husband? Ooh, computer parts!
- AMY: I just went completely against my husband’s wishes to indulge my child.
- Katie: Talk to me about the buying computer parts!! I have a secret!
- SISTER: ok what did you give Riley that you weren’t supposed to? What happened?
- FRIEND: that doesn’t make you horrible it makes you human. We all have our moments when something takes over that doesn’t make sense. Indulging our kids is the hardest temptation we face — when the indulgence is a mistake it can be turned into a lesson. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
- FRIEND: That cape of yours has to come off once in a while. 🙂
- AMY: I bought Riley fish!
- FRIEND: LOL okay that’s kinda funny.…
- AMY: Yeah, Bert will not think so though. I don’t think it’s a big deal.
- SISTER: Yeah well, you would have already been in trouble when Courtney brought her fish from school home and it never left so…Oh well, at least they don’t make any noise, they don’t shed, they don’t cause allergies to act up, they only eat once every couple days and a large can of fish food costs like $5 so they’re not expensive…Really there’s no problem with fish so don’t worry about it too much!
- SISTER: Lol…If you are Super Mom does that make your kids your Kryptonite…or just the stuff you get for them? Hehehehehe